Friday, February 8, 2008

Apparently Slovenia has great metal

I'm two years older than Slovenia. It declared independence from Yugoslavia in 1991. Dude. And unlike Croatia or Bosnia, Slovenia's independence was basically bloodless. Overall, it's been doing pretty well for itself. The media scene is free and diverse, and the constitution supports freedom of expression. There are only about 2 million people there and it's apparently the most prosperous region of the former Yugoslavia. If you want to read general information, I'm a strong fan of Wikipedia.

This Slovenian blogger has some interesting stuff to say about Freedom.

Slovenian music. It's only a smidge different from Finland's contribution to Eurovision.

This makes me feel like I have now traveled to Slovenia. Okay.

Although I don't think I could make it out alive after watching these guys.

CIA World Factbook gives a much drier view of their population. They have a 99.7% literacy rate. Damn.

So, before you read this article about Slovenia Places to Say "I Do" you should all make sure to check out this important piece of fine journalism Is Slovenia Right For my Children? heheh pertinent. Those are from a generally stand up English written Slovenian newspaper. The Slovenian Times.

Slovenian Press Agency

Cheers.

No comments: